Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Grocery Store

A brief detour from 'Gulf Coast Boy.' I'll continue with 'The Biker Years' soon.
From time to time, I venture to the 'food getting place.' We've all gotta eat.
But, sometimes it's more of an ordeal than it should be. People....some of them are idiots. They have no consideration for anyone. Carts blocking the aisles is a given, but some shoppers make it an art form.
Before smoking was banned from most stores, people would drop their smokes on the floor and give them a quick tap with their shoe, leaving a nasty mess.
Another pet peeve, is to find meat or frozen goods on a dry goods aisle. Some shopper changed their mind and just left it on a shelf. Does that go back into the cooler when some employee finds it? Is that what I'm buying?
I try to park the cart away from the meat cooler or other popular browsing areas. I swear, I can park in front of the mops or floor polish, and in two minutes, three people are reaching over my cart to grab a mop or something. You can't win.
And the 'express checkout' is a joke. 'Fifteen items or less' the sign says. Obviously, some people can't read or count.
I bought some pre-cooked chicken nuggets recently. The package said 'Mostly Chicken".
Huh? What's the rest of it? They should have added, "Just eat it, it won't kill you"
And by the way, the myth of the 'frozen food aisle' just ain't true.
Thanks for reading.

1 comment: